Sunday, September 20, 2009

photos from facebook: album exporter

I really loathe facebook, so it is the ultimate irony that I am now relying on it as my only hope to retrieve lost photos. You see, all my pictures were exterminated during the infamous hard drive episode, and the only way I could think to get them back was by downloading them from my online albums, all 3 billion of them. Now herein lies my problem. There was no way that I was going to go through every photo, right click (or in my case, fake right click- stupid mac), and save picture as. Ha. Far, far too much work. Enter Album Exporter.

Album Exporter is a wonderful app that allows you to download entire albums straight from your photo collection. This is amazing. You fire up the app and a list of your albums with thumbnails appears. Then you can click on one of them, select all the photos, and click “Download this Album.” The next page is slightly misleading, and instead of receiving an inbox message I actually have to navigate to the Recently Downloaded page and manually click the zip file. The album appears on your desktop, albeit with a stunningly useless name, like “90210S31415UCKER,” which you then have to go in an change. But I can’t complain, at least I know have my pictures on my computer instead of solely on the mindless online well of stalkers and stupidity that is facebook. That is, until my mac bites the dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment